Rita’s “Mock” Caesar dressing
Posted by 50sheryl
This is one of the best dressings I make ~ and I love a really good Caesar salad . I have shared this recipe with many friends with nothing but rave reviews from everyone that has stepped up and made it!
Be sure not to omit any of the ingredients because you may have not used them before (like the anchovy paste). It is essential to stay with the ingredients I have given you to make it the best it can be!! Serves 6.
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/3 cup low fat mayo ( I used Hellman’s made with olive oil)
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced very fine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- canned anchovies, (I like the rolled anchovy with a caper in the center) optional
- croutons, optional
- 2-3 romaine hearts, rinsed and chopped into bite size pieces. (Note: Spin very dry. No one should be without a salad spinner if you are a salad lover)
Simply place all ingredients into a mini electric chopper. Chop on high one minute. Viola! Use dressing sparingly.