Any Veggie QUICHE’
Posted by 50sheryl
I have always loved quiche. As many of you know, quiche can be very high in calories but does not need to be. I made this one off the cuff with no particular recipe by choosing various foods I thought would work well together and be healthy and tasty. The best part about quiche… it’s simple to make. This can be served for breakfast with a slice of toasted whole grain bread, for lunch with a side salad, or for dinner with a bunch of assorted veggies. I love lots of different roasted veggies with mine no matter what time of the day it is. You decide, after all it is your plate. Be sure to make it beautiful to maximize the eating experience! I do that by adding lots of color to my plate. Make one and see for yourself.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 -16 ounce curd of light or fat free cottage cheese ….a better brand like Hood is richer and less watery)
- 3 cups organic baby kale, chopped well…or use baby spinach or chopped broccoli or another vegetable that you prefer
- 1/4-1/2 cup full fat feta cheese, crumbled…or your favorite. The amount here depends on how cheesy you’d like the quiche’..I used 1/4 cup
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 vine ripe or plum tomato, thinly sliced
Pre-heat the oven to 375′. Spray a 10″ across pie plate really well. That means to spray the sides so not to have any sticking and or difficulty removing it when finished. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to pie plate. Shake the pie plate to level off the ingredients or use a rubber spatula. Arrange the tomato slices on top. You could make a flower out of the tomatoes or just scatter them as I did. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until set/cooked in the middle. Press on the center and it should bounce back easily. Remember it will continue to cook a bit after it is removed from the oven.