Roasted Eggplant served over Spaghetti Squash
Posted by 50sheryl
Just looking at this dish sitting in a roasting pan ready to go in the oven will make your mouth water. All fresh veggies and a little Feta cheese makes this a special one. I totally enjoyed it and hope you all do as well.
(Because I am trying to not eat many white carbs these days, I opted to use spaghetti squash as the base and freely topped it with the finished product.)
I must say, this recipe began as needing to use up some very ripe tomatoes and an eggplant. I had to use it or loose it! What a lovely combination of flavors that I will not soon forget.
- 1 large eggplant, cubed, skin left on (or two medium eggplants)
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 4 very ripe tomatoes
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste