BROCCOLI with Parmigiano Reggiano
From a tiny BEACH kitchen:
Who doesn’t love cheesy broccoli? This recipe does not drip with processed cheese but instead teases you with crisp bites of Parmigiano Reggiano roasted right onto the broccoli. Just a hint of crushed red pepper flakes and garlic are used to round out the flavors. Always a favorite dish my house, this recipe served 8 people at our Beachpeach Celebration Dinner. ~ Sheryl
- 2 heads fresh broccoli. cut the broccoli off the stems and cut each floret in half
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano shavings (use a peeler and shave it off the wedge)
- 3 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with olive oil.
Steam broccoli until bright green, just cooked but still crunchy. You do not want “mushy” broccoli. About 4 minutes.
Put broccoli in baking dish. Add all other ingredients to baking dish and stir well to coat evenly.
Bake 8 minutes to melt cheese. Keep warm until ready to serve.