Baked Chicken ~ seasoned with white wine and cinnamon
I have been making this dish for many years and have seen many dinner guests licking their lips over this one. It is wonderfully fragrant as it cooks in your oven it causes those salivary glands to kick into high gear. You almost can’t wait for it to be done. So very simple and so very tasty. I have added some things to make it a complete meal and the cooking process remains the same. One pan clean up always works for me. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 – 4 lb. whole chicken cut up into pieces or you may use split breast or drumsticks
- 1 large vidalia onion sliced into 1/2″ rings and broken apart
- 1 box white mushrooms cleaned and left whole
- 4 red potatoes, washed and cut into 1 1/2″ thick slices
- 1 1/2-2 cups dry white cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Simply toss everything into a large bowl and use your hands to toss and coat all ingredients well. Line a cookie sheet or roasting pan with non-stick aluminum foil ( most important) and spread out evenly in a single layer. Preheat the over to 400 degrees and cook for approximately 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through. The finished product should be beautifully browned and not dry!