I started making this guacamole recipe after a trip to a mexican restaurant in New York City. The guacamole was made to order tableside. I have added some additional ingredients to this zesty guacamole. Important note: to keep the guacamole from turning brown add the avocado pits to the finished product. Remember to remove before you serve.
- 4-5 ripe avocados (halved, remove pit)
- small container of grape tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 -2 limes (juice only)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 onion chopped (vadelia or red onion)
- bunch of fresh cilantro (washed and chopped)
- Chili Pepper herb (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
In a large bowl add the avocado and mash with a potato masher. Add the remaining ingredients. Please remember this recipe is only a guideline. Experiment with it and make it the way that you enjoy it!!
Don’t forget to add your pits to the guacamole to keep it from turning brown. Serve with chips and enjoy with a refreshing margarita.